Thursday, August 20, 2009

The BIG WINNER is...

$207,000,000 is the new jackpot prize! Whew! What am I going to do with all that money, i.e., if I win it? I may not win it but I sure can dream about it. I have a small house --- friends and family come over a lot... hmmm, maybe a bigger house with a big porch and a beautifully manicured yard with a flower garden on every corner would be a perfect welcome for visitors. Perhaps a new car to replace my 10-year old Ford Windstar, not a fancy one, a Ford Edge complete with all the upgrades will do for me... but no leather seats.... they get really hot during the summer and really cold during the winter. Shopping? Yes... yes... yes... who does not need it? These are a few of the external things that will give me temporary delight. I say temporary because after a while of living in a brand new house or driving that brand new car, they will have become my new ordinary and the thrill would have already faded.

Money will buy the things that make one happy but between the things that money can buy and spending happy times with friends and loved ones, I would still choose the latter... temporary delight against lasting memories. Have you noticed how sour the grape is?

My silly family

Smile power... LOL!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

when's the big draw? be sure to buy a ticket and balatuhi ko inig daug nimo...just pay my mortgage and i'll be happy :-)

j of a

emarene said...

you just might be a winner! if you join this birthday contest, where I tagged you.

Check my post on How Old is Old?

Are you up to the challenge?

http://thisrandomness.blogspot.com/2009/09/how-old-is-old.html