Friday, October 16, 2009

Car-Napped!

Cold and rainy, yet I went and drove myself to the mall... not to shop but to do my walking exercise. I usually park in front of Penney's but this time, I decided to park at the other side of the mall and go through the back mall entrance. Lucky me! I got to park 2 spots from the blue parking for the handicapped... right straight to the doors!

One round takes 17 minutes... that is, brisk walking with my short legs and no shop stopping. On my second round around the mall, I decided to stop by the hair salon and get that haircut I so long needed... done and feeling, oh so, pretty, I continued on to finish what I came to the mall for.

Exhausted... but not to forget, pretty... I headed for the doors and to my car. But alas! wha?! where is my car?! It was still drizzling and I was walking back and forth from one lane to another. Oh, my new do... where is my car? Cold... frantic... almost hysterical... the Mall Police stopped by me and asked if I was looking for my car. "Yes, sir... and I am pretty sure I parked it here", was all I could mutter. "Hop in", he invited me into his police car... and so I did.

He drove around, talking on his radio to report the loss, yet still being very watchful. He spotted a parked car with an unlocked trunk, quickly made a little note for the owner and proceeded to shut close the trunk. We continued to browse the other lanes when I said, "I don't even remember my plate number. Do people lose their cars in the mall?". "Oh yeah", was his quick reply. Now I am really starting to get nervous.

Lane by lane we searched... there was a red mini van... no, not mine. Next lane.... there was another red mini van... mine!!! Right across from the mall doors... the other set of doors that are exactly the same as the other doors I came out from. Despair to excitement... I thanked the security officer... his wide grin exposing some missing teeth. No room in my heart for embarrassment, just gratefulness. My car was not carnapped, thank you, God!


2 comments:

emarene said...

Gituyo nimo para sa letter C?
Ha-ha-ha!

Anonymous said...

ha ha ha ha!!! naay tawag ana...and it doesn't start with c.

j