Monday, October 31, 2011

I Bid You Adieu


Last year, Thaad, Bong and I spent Christmas with Mommy Tit in Zamboanga City.  We missed Jas and Gem who stayed home in Michigan with Lolo Buddy and Lola Fe.  But that proved to be a most precious Christmas since it would have been Mommy Tit's last and we had that chance to celebrate it with her.




She spent her last years in the house that she raised her family in... where every little corner reminded her of her children's resounding laughter... where all the walls witnessed her joys and pains... where it was home. 
 

Very strong willed and opinionated, she was often misunderstood and misjudged.  Yet, for those who truly know her, she was encompassed in kindness and compassion.  She might have had a different way of showing affection but she loved so much, her woes were made insignificant.


To my children, Jas, Gem and Thaad... Lola Tit's gift to you is your daddy.  He is what he is is now because he was raised by a great woman that is Lola.  Her kindness shines in daddy everyday.  Her strength is manifest in how daddy deals with all of life's stresses.  Her inner beauty glows in daddy's good works.    

To Mommy Tit... I shed a tear for you today because you have left.  But your life here on earth was never in vain.  I thank you for Bong.  I thank you for the love you gave me.  I thank you for the lessons you have taught me.   I thank you for the family I am blessed with thru you.  You will be missed, but for now, I bid you Adieu.  It was a pleasure knowing and loving you... until we meet again.    

 

No comments: