Monday, April 13, 2009

Birthday(S)


How many birthdays can one have in a year? My actual birthday is April 9th but my official birthday, as registered, is the 10th... thanks to the hospital staff who did this. This year, as in some other years that passed, the day fell on a Holy Thursday (and/or Good Friday) which means no meat, no merriment. That is alright because I didn't want to have a birthday party anyway, if it only meant that I will be the one cooking and cleaning up afterward.

Saturday, the 11th, seemed to be a good day to go to the mall but Bong was in a really good mood to do kitchen work and did not want to come along so I left him alone. Gem and I went to the mall. We bought a few things and I got a haircut (see photo). Contented and itchy from my new haircut, we headed for home. Surprise... surprise... family from Saginaw were in our house and the kitchen was really busy. Moments later, friends started to come, the 3E's from Canada even came. Yes, it was a surprise birthday party orchestrated by Bong and the kids.... thanks to them and all who came. You made my day!

The house, especially the kitchen, was a mess.... nobody knew where the right utensils or the dishes were. Three families had to spend the night but the house was not prepared for this thing to happen... so whenever and wherever one was and ready to get zzzz's, they just go. So.... until next year?






P.S. This is a very late publication (actual publish date: May 5th). Apologies to my readers who are now suffering from Kalidadis withdrawal.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice hair!

J

TiNGTiNG said...

love the hair, too!

i just realized who the 3E's are... i've always considered one as a D not an E... lol