Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Fight Night

May 2nd was Andrew's birthday party and we all went to Saginaw.

Outside the Afante residence were vehicles, big and small. The subdivision road was lined with them. Those who came earlier and had to park first in the big driveway would have to be the last to go home. OOpppsss..... somebody's tires ran over the neighbor's grass.



But guess what?! It was also the night that every Pinoy, and even the not-so-Pinoy, was anxiously awaiting---Pacquiao vs. Hatton fight night.... and there was pustahan.....


and food galore...


The first few minutes, all were intently listening to the introductions... then commotion as the fight started. I had my bet on the first round KO and I was jumping in excitement as the fight, I thought, was progressively in my favor. Suddenly... deng, deng, deng..... round one was over. Second round--- fight!... What?! It's over?! Hatton was KO'd. The actual fight lasted just 5+ minutes. :( I lost ten bucks.... but the big winner was Inday Ling. That, I considered a fair game... the owner of the house.... the one who prepared the meal... the one who had to clean up after.... the one who paid for the 'Pay per View' fee got everyone's money.



Young and old had so much fun! Find your shoes guys... show's over and it's time to go.







2 comments:

TiNGTiNG said...

it wasn't even worth the pay-per-view fee... lol... we waited longer for our pizza to be delivered!

Anonymous said...

my shoes are way cooler :)