Sunday, December 7, 2008

Journey



Call me Dang. Better yet, don't call me. At least, not until this everyone-wants-their-stuff-done season is over. Is it almost Christmas? Yeah. And everyone's rushing to get their embroidery order done. Then my machine starts acting up. I am mad and frustrated and really stressed out now. I need to have these jerseys done for a hockey team's first home game in a couple of days... what am I gonna do? Panic! The day's almost over but I am still far from done. "Honey, please make dinner. I am going to church for the Advent by Candlelight affair", I tell Bong and off I went. Thank God for husbands! On my way, my mind was working... think, think, think.

This is my first time to join Advent by Candlelight at our church, St. Cyprian. I entered the warmly lit room with tables gorgeously set for the guests by the hostesses. I was right away welcomed by my table hostess, Laura. We know each other casually because our husbands are K of C brothers. At the center of our table was a little iced cake topped with an angel figurine. Around it was a wreath of pine greens adorned with shiny fuchsia and purple balls and ribbons. Candles in crystal holders around the wreath made made the centerpiece more festive. Fine china and silverware were delicately set for each guest. All the ladies were now seated and the program began with a wonderful rendition of some favorite Christmas carols by young girls from a nearby high school. Soon everybody was singing with them. Kaye, was the speaker of the evening. Her message was clear... Life is a journey... and right now, I am in a very busy hi-way and I am trying to pass some so I can get to my destination as fast as I can. But am I being careful? Over speeding, that's what I am doing. After some thoughtful reflection, I reached a decision. I'm going my journey in the most graceful manner, not in haste but in certainty.

The jerseys, 2 sets of them, are all done and now I am proceeding to fulfill other orders. And yes, you can call me... call me Dang.

2 comments:

emarene said...

puede na mo call nimo?

Dang S. said...

yes... all the time!