Monday, December 29, 2008

Kalidadis Chronicles

Where in the world was Kalidadis?!

December 20 was Bong's 48th birthday. There was no planned party but I got out of bed early to clean house and get ready for the "surprise" that was so hard to keep. First, Sis Lourdes called me on the phone asking directions to our house. All this time he was listening and asking me who I was talking to... lie, lie lie... that was what I did. Then, I need to buy pop but I cannot go because there was something cooking on the stove and baking in the oven... so, I asked Bong to go to the store to get pop, which we buy only when we are expecting guests... he left the house wondering what's going on. When he got home, I forced him to shower and dress up... why?... "just go", i said. And then guests started coming with food and presents. Thanks to our brothers and sister in CFC, they made his day. Truly, the gesture lifted up his spirits because when he called mommy (my mother-in-law) earlier, she did not remember for old age has started to spoil her once sharp memory.

The following days, I spent finishing up all the embroidery orders so that my holidays will be worry-free. Christmas was in Saginaw with the Gumbans, the Abelgases, and the Afante kids. Early Christmas morning, Gem left with Brandon to go to his house. So when Anika awoke and couldn't find Ate Gem, she asked me, "Tita Dang, where's your other sister?" I love that girl!

We got home early evening on the 25th and a few minutes later, the Aspirases arrived from Toronto. A little later, the Espinosas arrived from Ohio, where they spent Christmas. Holiday or not, Hotel Kalidadis is always a busy place. The Espinosas left but the Aspirases stayed and helped the MI economy, even for just a couple of days. Oh, what fun!

Aside from the people who came to wish me a Merry Christmas, it was not Santa nor any of his elves, but a green alien from I don't know what galaxy also came to visit. He did not bring any presents but his presence amused us.




No comments: