Wednesday, March 4, 2009

My TOBI

"... but wait! If you call your order now, we will give you.. blah, blah... for free!"... yeah, we fell for this :(

Bong called the 800 number and spoke to a representative....
B: Does this really work?
R: Yes, sir.
B: Do you own one?
R: Yes, sir.
B: $99 for everything, right?
R: Yes, sir... plus $30 for shipping and handling.
B: Oh, I see. That would be $130 all together, huh? You know what, give me more time to think about it.
... and Bong dropped the call. I hate to put the clothes back in the closets after laundry without ironing so he thought this might make my life easier... but $130?... hmmm, maybe not.

Not even 3 minutes, the phone rang...
R: Sir, my supervisor wants to give you the item for just $99 in 3 easy installments and the shipping and handling is free.
B: Really?
After some thought, he finally gave his credit card number and the Tobi was sold.

Who got who?







P.S. I still prefer my old iron, although the TOBI works when you are in a hurry. It is also best for delicate materials like silk.


5 comments:

emarene said...

I'm still not sure if I want one. Looks promising!

TiNGTiNG said...

i haven't used an iron in almost 4 years... i rely on my steamer given to me by tiara's fam during the wedding... watch out with the tobi, though, tita... people i know who have it said it only lasted them less than a year... but maybe that's just them... hopefully yours will last longer...

(i know another sucker for those infomercials... haha... i used to live with her... iya nuon hilig mga exercise stuff...)

Anonymous said...

Kinsa man, Ting? Come on tell us her name...

Anonymous said...

i avoid watching infomercials kay madala ko - but i've been good lately. i haven't learned to use tobi even at the time one of my housemates was dependent on tobi - just didn't like the end product. i'm like dang - i still prefer the iron.

i slowed down, if not stopped, buying from infomercials kay dili mauli kung mausab imong huna-huna.

j

Anonymous said...

Ting - naa man nagsunod sa akong comment. Guilty siguro sa imong gisulti. ha! ha! ha!