Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Recipe?

I like cooking. There are no secret recipes that is why I share my recipes with others... and sharing is contagious... if you share, others will share. I have this recipe notebook since my children were little. Now that they are all grown up, this little book has also aged. A lot of the pages are loose and frayed on the sides. Smudges and stains from ingredients are all over each page... more on the pages that were probably used a lot.

Last year, I decided to put the recipes in my computer... slowly, a recipe a day. I had a lot saved in my recipe folder when Bong had to refresh my computer to get rid of viruses and whatever else that was making computing so slow. Okay, I backed all my files. He did his thing and my computer was good as new.

One day, I had to print out a recipe for a friend. Here was I on my computer, proud that I can now just do this instead of having to write it down in one of those index cards. OOhh la la.... or not... I couldn't open the files! Why? I used to have Open Office, Now, I have Word. Now, what? Just Grrrr#@*&%^....








2 comments:

emarene said...

I have seen that recipe book and it is worthy to be encased in glass. We will call it "A Luddite's Legacy".
I love the cooked food from that book though!

Dang S. said...

you really got me cracking up!