Friday, January 23, 2009

Cheap!

When I get a haircut, I want to close my eyes. I want to be surprised when I open my eyes... or maybe I just trust my hairdresser too much that worry is not an issue. It 's more like having a head massage, I allow myself to get drowned in the pleasure, even for a moment. At the regular salon I go to, I pay twenty-five bucks plus tip. At the salon next door to where I work part time, it is just eleven bucks. A girl at work gets her haircut there and I do not remember her having any problems. What the heck! I may just have to try this salon... so I did. This is why it is just eleven: no shampoo before the haircut and no styling after the haircut... but most of all, I could not close my eyes during the haircut because I felt that there was just something wrong with what she was doing. Tense and unsatisfied with my new haircut, I drove home. I was so mad, I was almost going to cry. When I recounted my sad story to Bong at home, he added to my misery by laughing... but consoled me by saying that it's not as bad as I think it is and said, "we can't to anything about that anymore". So, I should just love this haircut?! Oh no.... no, no, no. I set an appointment for a haircut at my regular salon and had one the following day. Now, I am happier. Eleven vs. Twenty-five. Aggravation vs. Satisfaction. This time, I had my share of both.

5 comments:

TiNGTiNG said...

A couple of weeks before I was due with Kae, mom and i were supposed to get a haircut from our regular hairdresser who charges about $40. But I was too lazy to drive so she told me we'll just go to lola's hairdresser cuz she's supposed to be really good anyway. So we went. Mom ended up getting her haircut from lola's hairdresser but I got recommended to her colleague who was supposed to be awesome. But guess who was crying for a week and making everyone as miserable as she was after paying $25 and getting a crappy haircut? ME! After the incident, Brice told me I'd better just pay the extra money to go to my hairdresser than to get a cheap cut then make his world a living hell for weeks. haha!

Dang S. said...

poor Brice!

Anonymous said...

What "eleven vs. twenty five?"

It's "eleven plus twenty-five!"

he! he! he!

-tagator

Dang S. said...

Tagator,

Yeah... Thanks for reminding me #$%@*!!!

emarene said...

with beauty like yours -- no bad haircut can make you ugly! That is what Bong should have told you and you could have saved that $25.
Women!