Thursday, January 15, 2009

Whining?

A view from my deck door.

I look at my big TV screen and the numbers 5 8 3 were flashed before me. They are not the winning lottery daily three numbers, they are today's temperatures, in degrees Fahrenheit, for AM, noon, and PM respectively. I look out my window and I see a very beautiful day: the sun up and everything dressed up in white, decorations of white on the green pine tree in my front yard, little rabbit (or squirrel) footsteps on the thin white coating on the pavement..it is such a sight to behold! So clean, so peaceful. This is the view I see from inside my house where it is warm and toasty.

Bein
g outside this morning to drive Thaad to school was a different story. Brrrr... I was all bundled up, head to toe, yet all I felt was the chilly air. There was no 'sight to behold'... it was just soooo coooold.... sooo messy... sooooo slippery and my clothes, soooo heavy. Complain. Complain. Complain. Oh, little whiner me! Before I will even know it, it'll be spring again and winter will be forgotten.

I guess this is just like life. The reality is different from the expected. But in all the chaos that t
his world brings, God gives us hope. I hope you have a great day!



2 comments:

TiNGTiNG said...

i thought i was the only whiner. last night the temp here dropped down to about -29*C! For the past couple of days we've been in the -20*C+ range. that's why i wanna move somewhere WARM ALL YEAR ROUND!

Dang S. said...

Ting,
you will miss the 4 seasons... it will be boring.
read my blog tomorrow in my other blogspot http://angelwhis.blogspot.com/
... that is what you'll miss.
me,
Tita D.