Sunday, November 9, 2008

Golden Years

No matter how small, no matter how cluttered, no matter how old, this house I call my home is my comfort zone... a solace after a day's hard work. Driving to work everyday, I go through the same roads and hi-ways... I know my turns even if I do not see the signs... this, too, is my comfort zone. "Get out of your comfort zone", I would hear Bong say every time I insist that my present job or my little home business is all I need. Well, I enjoy what I am doing and there are no pressures. Yes, for now, I am taken cared of. But the real issue is life during my golden years. I am a member of St. Cyprian's Ladies' Guild. The ladies meet every first Tuesday of each month. Sometimes, I wonder why I go to these meetings. Most of the women (if not all) are my mom's or my grandma's age... I am the baby. Age has taken over their youth but they sure do know how to have fun. It makes me realize that age should not interfere with life. It might make us physically slower but it should not prevent us from doing things that enable us to bring joy to others. I am amazed by the energy of these golden girls. This is how I wanna be when I grow up!

Kalidadis-ly yours,

Dang

4 comments:

eigh said...

Great thought Dang..we're all getting there, gorgeously and smart just like the way we were in iligan...Whaaa..was it that long? the kids have grown up..oh! how fast time flies..

Missed you!!

emarene said...

Looking forward to those years! I already have a schedule of what to do when that time comes.

DiMouli said...

Your is the true epitome of the saying - "Home Sweet Home!" Even in the wee hours, the door is always open to take in friends from across the border.
-tagator

Tagamichi said...

Apil na pod ko diri matud sa akong asawa.