Thursday, November 6, 2008

Sew Perfect


I run an embroidery home business which I have named Sew Perfect. Customers are people who know me and those who got to know me from the rumor mill. Mr. Hall is a sweet old man who comes to my house through my deck door (because he is sure somebody can hear his knock from there) to have something embroidered. He has kindly given out ads so I can get some business from the parents of the other boys who play baseball with his grandson. Tonight, he brought his sport jacket so I can sew on the buttons on it. My business does not offer this kind of service but this poor guy thinks I can do everything. I am now "Wonder Sewer Woman". When we got rid of big old TV, he bought it... then he was asking if there was a dresser that I was disposing. Do I look like junk dealer? I like Mr. Hall.

A follower of my blog was asking what luddite meant.
From Wikipedia, the term Luddite is a political/historical term relating to a political movement during the Industrial Revolution; it is primarily used to describe those perceived as being uncompromisingly or unnecessarily opposed to technological or scientific innovations. My craft is high tech... the embroidery machine cannot run well if I do not make a good digitized art... all these are technological innovations that run through my veins... so am I a luddite? I beg to disagree.

1 comment:

emarene said...

I don't like Mr. Hall anymore. He is now my competitor. Tell him not to touch your crafting junks, or else...